Private international school in Chongqing Bashu offers an American-style curriculum to students of expatriate families living and working in southwestern China. Their teachers are responsible for teaching English language skills (e.g. letters, letter sounds, phonics, vocabulary, and conversational speech) and fostering children’s critical thinking, research, problem solving, and presentation skills. The ideal candidates are those who are patient, responsible, and maintain a childlike heart.
Chingqing city is one of the biggest cities in China. It is the leading river port, transportation hub, and commercial and industrial centre of the upper Yangtze River (Chang Jiang) basin. During the Sino-Japanese War it served as the Chinese capital.
- Creating a flexible class environment favorable to learning and personal growth
- Managing a classroom
- Developing lesson plans and instructional materials, and providing individualized and small-group intruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student
- Using a variety of intructional strategies such as inquiry, group discussion, lecture, small-group activities, etc.
- Evaluating students’ academic and social growth, keeping appropriate records, and preparing progress reports
- Communicating with parents through conferences and other means to discuss students’ progress
- Supervising students’ in and out-of-classroom activities and other student activities
- Visa service
- Company covered insurance
- Free on-campus housing or housing allowance provided
- Airfare to China and return flight covered
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Qualified individuals may have the opportunity to advance into a lead teaching position
- Bachelor’s degree in related subject area
- Elementary school level teaching experience
- Sense of responsibility and organizational skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Starting date: ASAP
- Master’s degree in Elementary Education
- Knowledge of Chinese or other languages
- Ability to lead student clubs and extracurricular activities